11th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting
The 11th Mediterranean Morphology Meeting (MMM11) will take place at the University of Cyprus (Nicosia, Cyprus) on June 22-25, 2017.
The topic of the conference is:
Morphological variation: synchrony and diachrony
The Mediterranean Morphology Meetings are a biennial conference series that brings together linguists from diverse theoretical backgrounds and at various stages of their career to discuss morphology in an inspiring, informal, interactive setting.
MMM11 aims at exploring the ways in which the morphology of languages varies, seeking deeper understanding of the principles that govern variation and new directions in modeling them in morphological theory. We invite papers dealing with synchronic variation in any dimension. Since synchronic variation is closely intertwined with language change, we also invite contributions addressing phenomena that straddle the boundary between synchrony and diachrony. Papers discussing experimental and corpus-based methods of investigating morphological variation are especially welcome. Following the MMM tradition, in addition to the Thematic session, there will be a Free Topic session that welcomes all kinds of contributions on morphology and related disciplines.
- Mirjam Fried, Charles University in Prague
- Franz Rainer, Vienna University of Economics and Business
- Angela Ralli, University of Patras
Local Organizing Committee
- Marianna Katsoyannou (University of Cyprus)
- Marilena Karyolemou (University of Cyprus)
- Charalambos Christodoulou (University of Cyprus)
- Foteini Kalamida (University of Patras)
MMM Permanent Committee
- Jenny Audring (University of Leiden)
- Geert Booij (Leiden University)
- Nikos Koutsoukos (Université catholique de Louvain)
- Francesca Masini (University of Bologna)
- Angela Ralli (University of Patras)
- Sergio Scalise (University of Bologna)
Extended deadline for abstract submission:
1 February 2017 15 February 2017
Notification of decision:
28 February 2017 15 March 2017
15 March 2017 30 March 2017
“The meeting is sponsored by the Cyprus Tourism Organisation (CTO). For more information, please click here.